Travel Expense Authorization and Reimbursement
Effective August 3, 2021, Concur became the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s new software program for pre-travel approval, travel booking and travel and business entertainment expense reimbursements. In addition, purchases made on the new University Travel & Expense (T&E) Card will be reconciled in Concur Expense.
Before traveling for the first time, travelers should complete their Concur Employee Profile Setup. Subsequently, the profile will only need to be updated when personal information changes. To facilitate the reservation process, please be sure to add your T&E Card to your profile prior to booking. If you are an infrequent traveler without a University issued T&E card, we recommend saving a personal credit card to your profile to be used for hotel and car reservations; airfare may be paid with the Airfare Direct Bill Card which is pre-loaded in the system. All credit card information is redacted for security purposes.
For Profile Setup and/or questions during this process, please refer to the Concur reference page which provides guidance and resources on the following topics:
- Quick Reference Guides
- Covering such topics as Profile Setup and containing resources such as a Concur Step-by-Step Guide and a Concur Quick-Start Guide.
- Concur Request
- A pre-trip approval system that ensures policy compliance and assists with budget control.
- Concur Travel
- An online travel booking tool that will allow you or your travel assistant to book a flight, hotel and car.
- Concur Expense
- Say goodbye to manual reporting and lost receipts. Concur Expense will allow travelers to capture their spend from multiple sources, automatically capturing receipts and speeding up the reimbursement process.
- World Travel, Inc.
- Our new full-service Travel Agency partner who will provide traditional travel agency services, duty of care, reporting capabilities and much more.
Additional information about the University’s travel services can be found at the Travel and Payment Card Services website.
If you need to speak with someone at the SCE for assistance, please contact either: