The Pay Invoice process is for the submission of invoices of Finance and Operations units to be processed for payment.
Before submitting your request, refer to the UNC Departmental Invoice Checklist to ensure your invoice(s) have been properly approved and include the information needed so processing can occur without delay.
Requirements (referencing checklist linked above)
Required Information on Every Invoice
- Clear signature/initial (write name if signature is illegible)
- Chartfield / Subsystem reference (if applicable)
- Subsystem information: work order, material request, CIP ID, CIP expense code
- Purchase order number (if applicable)
Purchase of Materials/Goods/Equipment
- Signature indicates you have authority to authorize payment for your department
- Items have been received and the quantity is accurate
- Items received are in good working order (not damaged)
- Invoice price matches agreed-upon price
- Freight is accurate (if applicable)
- Taxes are not charged
- Signature indicates you have authority to authorize payment for your department.
- Invoice clearly states what services were rendered or deliverables met.
- All contract terms have been met.
- Verify hourly rate matches contract.
- Payment is for services rendered. Departments are not allowed to prepay for services.
- Quick Reference Card
- General Resources
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Process Maps
- Service Level Agreements
- Capital Business Office: Email firstname.lastname@example.org