Reserving Conference Rooms, Vehicles and Permits
Download or print a copy of the Outlook Calendar Quick Reference Card
Making a Reservation
You can reserve Conference Rooms, State Vehicles and Service Permits within the SCE by submitting a request using your Outlook Calendar Application.
- Open Outlook Calendar.
- Click New Meeting.
- Enter the Title of your meeting (optional).
- Click Required and the global UNC address book will open.
- Click in the Search bar.
- For Conference Rooms type “FA–SCE–Conference.”
- Select the conference room you wish to reserve.
- Smaller rooms are colors, larger rooms are rivers.
- For Service Permits and State Vehicles type “FA SCEPOOL.”
- Select the vehicle or service permit you wish to reserve.
- If you choose to use a Nissan Leaf Electric Vehicle, please refer to this care and maintenance guide before using.
- Enter the date, start time and end time for your meeting.
- Use the Scheduling Assistant tab at the top of the window to ensure that your reservation doesn’t conflict with other reservations.
- Click Send to submit your reservation.
Using the Scheduling Assistant
Always check to see if the room, vehicle or permit you selected has a conflict with another reservation using the Scheduling Assistant before you submit your request. To check for conflicts:
- Click the Scheduling Assistant tab at the top of the window.
- Find the date and time you made the reservation and determine if your reservation conflicts with another reservation. Conflicting reservations times are noted by overlapping colors as seen below.
- If there is a schedule conflict, select a different room, permit or vehicle and check the availability again.
- When ready, click Send to submit your reservation.
- All reservation requests must be submitted ahead of time using Outlook Calendar.
- Reservations are not confirmed until you have received an email of acceptance or declination.
- Scheduling an additional 30 minutes before your meeting and after your meeting is recommended to provide cushion time.
- Before walking into conference rooms, please check the posted schedules
- When using service permits, make sure to return them on time with the gate card still in the permit pocket.
- If you are running late with a service permit or vehicle, please notify the front desk by email or phone.
- Be careful not to leave permits in your car before leaving for the day.
- If the battery charge is low when returning state vehicles, please notify the front desk.
- Always use the rug that is stored in each car.
- Pull the cord straight across the sidewalk. Do not let it coil.
- Place the rug over the straightened electric cord.
- Place the safety cone over the rug and cord.
Download and print a copy of the car charging safety tips.
For assistance with reservations please contact Mary Marzbanian, Executive Assistant, at 919-445-1001 or email@example.com