For obvious reasons, we will be unable to meet together in person this year, but we look forward to seeing everyone in a virtual Zoom gathering. In addition to comments from our leaders, trivia, a scaled-down raffle and presentation of the All Star Awards, this year we will be asking you to help add to the fun and camaraderie by sending pictures or videos for us to share during the event.
Three things for you to do:
1. Nominate an All Star
We invite you to nominate a colleague from Finance and Budget, the Service Center of Excellence and the Finance and Operations executive support team for the 2020 All Star Award.
- Given to five employees who have broadly demonstrated one or more of the five guiding principles throughout the year.
- Recipients must be permanent employees of Finance and Budget, the SCE or the Finance and Operations executive support staff.
- Employees who received an All Star or EMAP award for 2017, 2018 or 2019 are not eligible.
- Nominations will be accepted through February 10 (nomination form).
- More about the All Star Award.
2. Send a photo (or video!) to be shared during the event.
We want to see you and your team in action!
- Photo ideas:
- Create a themed Zoom screen of the team – everybody with their pets, or wearing costumes, or showing backgrounds of exotic locales.
- Favorite team shots and event photos from the last year or so.
- Photo of you in your work-from-home setup.
- Videos: If anyone wants to create a team video we’d love to include it.
- Tech details:
- Zoom tip: in a recent upgrade Zoom added the ability to rearrange people’s images on your screen – so if you need to rearrange your team, just drag the images around.
- Be sure to send your image files as an attachment, do not just paste into your email.
- If you need technical help with your photos or videos send a request to Kyle McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your submissions by February 12 to Kyle McKay (email@example.com).
3. RSVP by February 16
As the nation’s first public university, our mission is to serve North Carolina, the United States, and the world through teaching, research and public service. This employee recognition program is one step in our continued effort to recognize those who practice that mission each and every day. Thank you all for your commitment to that mission.