Search for the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Services
In September 2022 Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Services Anna Wu announced she would retire, effective April 3, 2023, after 28 years of service to the University and the state. Carly Perin, executive director of business strategy and shared services, will serve as interim associate vice chancellor until the position is filled.
As we begin the search for the next associate vice chancellor for Facilities Services, we have engaged Helbling & Associates, an executive search firm that specializes in the areas of facilities management, architecture, engineering and construction. The search firm maintains an extensive database of facilities management professionals and has run successful similar leadership searches at many of our peer institutions. Helbling & Associates has demonstrated diversity values and a network to identify underrepresented groups to broaden the search pool.
Read the job description of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Services position. Information about the search process will be updated on this page.
- Search Committee Chair: Gordon Merklein, Associate Vice Chancellor for Real Estate and Campus Enterprises
- Allan Blattner, Executive Director, Carolina Housing
- Craig Fletcher, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research / Director of the Division of Comparative Medicine
- Christi Hurt, Chief of Staff, Chancellor’s Office
- Rob Kark, Assistant Dean for Planning, School of Medicine
- Marty Kotis, UNC Board of Trustees
- Derek Kemp, Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Safety and Risk Management
- Noreen Montgomery, Senior Director, Employment and Staffing, Office of Human Resources
- Dawn Osborne-Adams, University Ombuds and Director of the Ombuds Office
- Darin Padua, Professor and Chair, Department of Exercise and Sports Medicine
- Vinay Patel, UNC Board of Trustees
- Carly Perin, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Services
- Rick Steinbacher, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Capital Projects and Facilities
- Cheryl Stout, Executive Director, Transportation and Parking
- Jeff Warren, Executive Director, NC Policy Collaboratory
- January: Position posted
- February: Search firm engaged
- Late February/Early March: Search committee chosen and charged
- March/April: Screening interviews and on-site interviews
- Late Spring/Early Summer: Finalists determined and candidate selected